The Atlanta Braves need production from Dan Uggla and B.J. Upton, who both flat out sucked in 2013. Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Tuesday that he plans to meet with both players in regards to them stepping up their game in 2014, and here's some video to prove it.
Gonzalez said he still hasn't talked to Uggs since the Braves announced that Uggla was left off the playoff roster. Uggla was obviously unhappy with the decision, but it's hard to argue with a .179 average.
Fredi also said he, Scott Fletcher and Greg Walker plan on meeting with Upton in Atlanta or Tampa sometime this winter in order to get some of his kinks straightened out. He was also terrible in 2013 with a .185 average and just nine homers.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Fredi Gonzalez Needs to Leave Dan Uggla, B.J. Upton Off Atlanta Braves Playoff Roster
- Expect Atlanta Braves’ Fredi Gonzalez, Frank Wren to Receive Contract Extensions
- “Fire Fredi Gonzalez” Crowd Apparently Didn’t Follow Atlanta Braves Much This Season
- Bravely Going All in: the Royal Flush Forming Cards of Fredi Gonzalez and the Atlanta Braves
- Fredi Gonzalez Named Finalist for National League Manager of the Year
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/156v