Medlen held the Phillies to two hits over his season-best eight innings to give him a 0.83 ERA over his last six starts.
The no-hit bid was broken up with two outs in the sixth when Cesar Hernandez hit a chopper to Chris Johnson, who was just late on the throw. Medlen would go on to allow one more hit to Chase Utley while striking out seven batters.
Lee was almost just as masterful in his performance, at one point retired 16 straight Braves batters before Johnson hit a homer to left-center to start the eighth inning.
Craig Kimbrel threw a perfect ninth inning that included two strikeouts for his 50th save of the season. He already has 139 career saves.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Atlanta Braves Lower National League Homefield Advantage Magic Number to Three
- Cliff Lee Outduels Mike Minor, Atlanta Braves Fall to Philadelphia Phillies
- Atlanta Braves Own Tiebreakers Over St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Dodgers for Homefield Advantage
- Atlanta Braves Move Magic Number to Seven with Win Over Miami Marlins
- Atlanta Braves Fall Half-game Behind St. Louis Cardinals for National League Homefield Advantage
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11i0