Downs was injured when he was struck by a comebacker on the back of his glove Sept.7, causing him to miss a week.
"I've got a brace that I put in my glove, but I can still feel it," Downs said on braves.com. "It's not as bad as it was when I first did it. The swelling has gone down, so it's just a matter of what I can tolerate. It feels fine."
Downs has made two appearances since the injury for a total of 2/3 of an inning. He has given up a hit in each, but the killer was allowing an inherited runner to score in Sept. 13's loss to the San Diego Padres.
"When you take six days off — when you take any days off, really — you don't know how you're going to do, but I felt good out there," Downs said. "I made some good pitches and then made one bad one where he got enough on it."
Since coming to Atlanta via trade in late July, Downs has a 2.19 ERA in 12 1/3 innings.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Atlanta Braves Reliever Scott Downs not Deterred by Broken Finger
- Atlanta Braves’ Scott Downs Has Broken Finger, not Expected to Go on Disabled List
- Atlanta Braves Make Trade for Reliever Scott Downs from Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Atlanta Braves’ Scott Downs Leaves Game Against Philadelphia Phillies After Being Drilled by Comebacker
- Atlanta Braves’ Tim Hudson Has Surgery on Broken Ankle