The Baseball Hall of Fame announced Wednesday that it has restructured its voting process for the Ford C. Frick Award. They will, at least for the next three years, vote upon three new eras and who made the biggest impact in each of them, so says baseballhall.org.
The Hall has already recognized the Pre-Integration Era, Golden Era and Expansion Era, but they have created three more, which they've largely based on techological and media innovations.
- The “High Tide Era” – to be voted on this fall, announced in December at the Winter Meetings and presented during the annual Hall of Fame Awards Presentation in 2014 – will consider candidates whose contributions have come during the regional cable network era, beginning with the mid-1980s through today.
- The “Living Room Era” – to be presented at the Hall of Fame Awards Presentation in 2015 – will consider candidates whose most significant years fell during the mid-1950s through the early 1980s, as the game spread through television and into homes across the country.
- The “Broadcasting Dawn Era” – to be presented at the Hall of Fame Awards Presentation in 2016 – will consider candidates who contributed to the early days of baseball broadcasting, from its origins through the early-1950s.
The winner of the 2014 award will be voted upon by the 20 member panel which includes 16 living Frick winners along with four historians/writers and will be announced during the Winter Meetings Dec. 10-11.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Major League Baseball Should Fire Angel Hernandez
- Expanded Instant Replay Coming to Major League Baseball in 2014
- Major League Baseball “Confident” in Expanded Replay Next Season
- Former Atlanta Brave John Rocker: Steroids Made Baseball Better
- Review of Baseball Slots Game Hot Shot
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10aj