Atlanta Braves fans simply don't like Bryce Harper. It's a fact. Since his over the top reaction after getting beaten by Julio Teheran and later saying he could have put Teheran "six feet under" on Aug. 6, the Braves have hit him twice more. Still, that didn't stop Harper from having a verbal altercation with a fan at Turner Field after striking out for the last out of the Braves' 2-1 win Sunday.
Bryce Harper with words for Marvin Hudson, then for a fan yelling at him from behind dugout.
— Mark Zuckerman (@ZuckermanCSN) August 18, 2013
With the multiple boos Harper received and cheers on the two occasions he was hit by a pitch, he said after Sunday's game to reporters that he "loves" Braves fans, and all accounts are that he was sincere.
— David O'Brien (@ajcbraves) August 18, 2013
Harper even went on to say he'd enjoy playing in front of a crowd like the Braves draw.
— Kevin McAlpin (@KevinMcAlpin) August 18, 2013
It's not immediately clear if Harper has ulterior motives such as trying to not be booed anymore, but he's pretty well cemented his place as a crybaby in Braves fans' eyes.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
- Luis Avilan Denies Intentionally Hitting Washington Nationals’ Bryce Harper
- Washington Nationals Lose Cool with Atlanta Braves on Twitter Over Bryce Harper Incident
- Benches Clear After Atlanta Braves’ Julio Teheran Hits Bryce Harper with Pitch: Video
- Washington Nationals’ Bryce Harper Stays Classless in Comments About Atlanta Braves, Julio Teheran
- Yoenis Cespedes Wins 2013 Home Run Derby Over Bryce Harper
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zaj