— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 23, 2013
Thatcher wouldn't quite be the traditional trade deadline rental. He still has one more year of arbitration eligibility and will become a free agent in 2014 at the earliest.
Mainly used as a left-handed specialist, Thatcher has a 2.25 ERA over 28 innings in 47 appearances this season. He has a 3.21 career ERA in seven Major League seasons, all with the Padres.
- Atlanta Braves Express Interest in Milwaukee Brewers Reliever Mike Gonzalez
- Atlanta Braves Showing Interest in Chicago White Sox Pitcher Jesse Crain
- Atlanta Braves Express Interest in Chicago White Sox Reliever Matt Thornton
- San Diego Padres Finish Off Sweep of Atlanta Braves
- Atlanta Braves @ San Diego Padres: Gameday 66
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xtj