There almost always seems to be "that guy" at any major sporting event, and a teenager happened to fit the mold when he ran on the field in the middle of the fifth inning of Tuesday's All-Star Game at Citi Field. Since the TV feed had gone to a commercial, most people didn't see it. But at least this account was captured the moment security tackled him.
One would think Major League Baseball had a heads up. The kid who ran on the field tweeted that he would run on the field if he got 1,000 retweets, using the #ASG hashtag. He got those retweets, so he jumped on the field near the left field foul pole.
— dyl (@MasoneDylan) July 16, 2013
He'll likely face a few misdemeanor charges and will get off with a slap on the wrist.
By the way, American League won 3-0, and New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera won MVP.
- 2013 All-Star Game Starting Lineups: Game Thread
- Atlanta Braves’ Freddie Freeman Wins 2013 All-Star Game Final Vote
- Media Bias Rampant in All-Star Game Final Vote for Yasiel Puig
- Hashtags Don’t Work for Freddie Freeman, All-Star Game Final Vote Until Thursday
- Mariano Rivera Wins 2013 All-Star Game MVP: Video
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xji