He may play for the New York Yankees, but Mariano Rivera will retire at the end of this season as the game's all-time best closer. Rivera was recognized as such with the All-Star Game MVP award Tuesday night at Citi Field.
Rivera worked a perfect eighth inning in a set up role for Texas Rangers reliever Joe Nathan.
The 43-year-old Rivera has 30 saves and a 1.83 ERA this season. He has a record 683 career saves.
- Atlanta Braves’ Freddie Freeman Wins 2013 All-Star Game Final Vote
- Atlanta Braves’ Freddie Freeman in 2013 All-Star Game Final Vote: Video
- 2013 All-Star Game Starting Lineups: Game Thread
- Brian McCann Replaces Fellow Atlanta Brave Freddie Freeman in 2013 All-Star Game
- Craig Kimbrel Gives up Run in National League All-Star Game Loss to American League
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xif