Evan Gattis saw his first game action since the Atlanta Braves placed him on the disabled list June 18 with a strained oblique. It was also the first time he played for Triple-A Gwinnett in his career, since he went straight from Double-A in 2012 to the bigs in 2013.
Still feeling a little rusty, Gattis went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts while serving as the designated hitter in Gwinnett's loss to the Durham Bulls.
Gattis will not be activated this weekend, even with the slew of outfield injuries the Braves have suffered. The team wants Gattis to get his timing back down with at least three games and possibly up to six if needed.
Even with being out for nearly a month, Gattis still leads all rookies with 14 homers and 37 RBIs in 53 games.
- Evan Gattis to Start Minor League Rehab for Atlanta Braves Friday
- Atlanta Braves Don’t Expect Evan Gattis Back Before All-Star Break
- Atlanta Braves Place Evan Gattis on DL, Call-up Tyler Pastornicky
- Atlanta Braves’ Evan Gattis Resumes Baseball Activities
- Still No Timetable Set for Evan Gattis’ Return to Atlanta Braves
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xay