Rep. Sam Teasley, R-Marietta, sponsored the resolution, and Jones is scheduled to appear for Chipper Jones Day on Tuesday.
Chipper's no. 10 is also schedule to be retired by the Braves at Turner Field on June 28.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Former Georgia State Trooper Charged in Manslaughter of Wife of Atlanta Braves’ Trainer Jeff Porter
- Chipper Jones Wins Man of the Year Award
- Teams Still Attempting to Court Chipper Jones
- Atlanta Braves to Induct Chipper Jones into Hall of Fame, Retire Number
- Chipper Jones to Spend Time at Atlanta Braves Spring Training
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qp4