Former Georgia state trooper Donald Crozier has been indicted on a count of vehicular homicide related to the 2011 automobile accident that killed the wife of Atlanta Braves head trainer Jeff Porter, Yahoo! Sports reports.
Kathy Porter was killed on New Year's Eve in 2011 when the SUV being driven by Jeff Porter and occupied by their son and a family friend was struck by Crozier's police cruiser at an intersection, says Fulton County District Attorney's Spokeswoman Yvette Jones. The Porters and the family friend were on their way to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl at the Georgia Dome.
Jones says that Crozier, a 10-year veteran, has also been charged with reckless driving and violation of oath by a public officer.
State patrol officials say Crozier was trying to assist another officer and was driving with his sirens and lights on.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Update: Former Atlanta Brave Andruw Jones Arrested After Threatening to Kill Wife
- Wife of Andruw Jones Files for Divorce
- Former Brave Andruw Jones Arrested in Atlanta
- Former Atlanta Brave Otis Nixon Accused of Halfway House Scam
- Former Atlanta Braves Pitcher Pascual Perez Murdered in Dominican Republic
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ql1